Candle care and safety
Caring for your candle
Beautiful candlelight accompanied by sumptuous perfume inspired by exotic holidays are what await you when you light your Crosskey Avenue candle. All our candles are made with passion and care in England using the highest quality ingredients by professional Chandlers with over 130 years experience. We use a soy-blend wax in our candles, made using soybean oil grown and produced sustainably in the EU. This custom wax blend, created especially for Crosskey Avenue, ensures our candles give a great hot and cold scent throw, meaning our perfumes will fill your space with their beautiful unforgettable fragrance. We use cotton wicks to ensure a good quality burn in all our candles.
How to use
To get the best out of your Crosskey Avenue candle we recommend following a few steps.
First burn: When you first light your candle it should be for a minimum of 2 hours or until the top layer is a wax pool. This will prevent a memory ring which can then cause tunnelling, a harmless but unsightly side effect of a short first burn.
Trim the wick: Be sure to trim the wick to about ¼ inch before each time you light. This will ensure a clean burn and minimize soot build up.
Maximise your candle life span by avoiding burning for longer than 3 hours at a time, avoid burning in drafts or vents, and always allow your candle to cool completely before lighting again.
Lighted candles are a potential deadly fire hazard. Follow these simple, common sense rules to enjoy the tranquillity, beautiful light and evocative perfume all Crosskey Avenue candles will bring to your space.
- To avoid accidents keep your candle away and out of reach from children and pets at all times.
- Never leave a candle in a room unattended. Remember to extinguish your candle safely before you go to bed.
- Use a snuffer to put candles out. It’s safer than blowing them, which can send sparks and hot wax flying
- Keep candles away from materials that might catch fire – including curtains, furniture, clothes, hair, books, magazines or papers.
- Never touch or move a burning candle. The liquid wax is hot and could cause injury.
- Don’t burn your candle all the way to the bottom. Stop using the candle once there is only 1cm of wax. This ensures that the wick remains vertical and that the burn stays under control the whole time. It also means you can light a new Crosskey Avenue candle!
You will find Classification, Labelling and Packaging (CLP) on Crosskey Avenue packaging and at the base of each candle. Always avoid prolonged contact with the skin.