Frangipani - Coconut - Lemongrass
Enter a blissful tropical trance with the LANGKAWI candle
Let the sultry tropical vibes from the LANGKAWI candle take you on a journey to an island paradise. Relax, breathe deep and unwind as the soothing sumptuous perfume from the Langkawi candle lingers in the air. It’s like you’ve been transported to the tropics.
Inspired by the relaxing scents of Malaysia’s tropical island paradise. Let’s take a chilled out walk along white sandy beaches as the warm waves gently lap at your feet. Heavenly frangipani combines with milky coconut and fresh lemongrass, spicy may chang and a sandalwood base to create this irresistibly luxurious and relaxing fragrance.
Frangipani: Sultry and sexy and a spa favourite, the divine soft floral fragrance of frangipani is de-rigour on any tropical island.
May Chang: Native of Southeast Asia and harnessed from the berries of the Litsea cubeba tree, May Chang has a strong sweet citrus fragrance, and is heavy and spicy.
Lemongrass: Deeply aromatic lemon-scented grass, with spicy aromatic undertones.
Coconut: Ubiquitous across Malaysia, the coconut is tropical, sweet and milky with nutty hints.
Gardenia: Opulent and heady, the tropical floral fragrance of gardenia is unforgettable.
Sandalwood: We adore precious sandalwood for its oriental woody notes and smooth sturdy lingering fragrance.
The Perfumer says:
A short flight from the vibrant, steamy melting-pot of Kuala Lumpur and you are in Langkawi. A tropical archipelago just off the north-western coast of Malaysia in the Strait of Malacca. Edged with long stretches of sandy white beaches lapped by warm sea waters, and filled with lush tropical rainforest teeming with biodiversity, Langkawi truly is a tropical paradise.
Flowering frangipani trees and intoxicating gardenia seem to decorate every garden, emitting sweet rich perfume that lingers in the air. The island is abundant with coconut groves, its milky smooth fruits finding there way into much of the local rich cuisine. The fusion of local fragrances, the climate and beautiful surroundings make this a destination that inspires even the most tired of minds and helps relax the body and soul.
Tropical, floral and heady, the Langkawi perfume with fragrant frangipani, citrusy and spicy may chang and lemongrass, milky coconut and smooth lingering sandalwood is truly evocative of the tropical island that shares its name.
Howard Crosskey, Founder and Perfumer
- Our perfumes are meticulously developed over 100s of hours spent at our perfumers organ to ensure we achieve the exact fragrance we desire. Once the perfume is ready, in our London test kitchen, our candle recipes are perfected to ensure we’ve created the perfect scented candle.
- Following 100s more hours of testing, each candle is produced with the upmost care at our Liverpool based Chandlers who have a proud pedigree going back 130 years. At Crosskey Avenue we are delighted to be combining modern vibrant perfumes with traditional candle making techniques to create our unique scented candles.
- We use a soy-blend wax in our Langkawi candles, this mixture of soy wax and mineral wax ensures we capture the best of both waxes. The soy gives us a nice clean slow burn and the mineral ensures an efficient fragrance throw allowing the perfume to disperse more widely as the candle burns.
- Each Langkawi by Crosskey Avenue candle is wrapped in minimalist matt white glass. We chose this glass because it gives off a warm sensuous relaxing glow as the candle burns and the matt white means it looks great in any situation.
- The Langkawi candle is presented in a beautiful gifting box embossed with the signature Crosskey Avenue keyholes. Made from Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified cardboard mix and completely plastic free, we designed our packaging to be fully kerbside recyclable, so we opted out of fancy hot foiling and other design elements which make it impossible for the cardboard to be recycled by most councils in the UK.
- Each candle weighs around 200g and will burn for approximately 38 hours. To get the most out of your candles follow our candle care and safety guide available by clicking here.
"Underpinning the pure passion for creating scents that bring about an emotional connection or that have transformative powers; who doesn’t want to be transported to a tropical island as soon as they light the wick?" - Read what Blogger superstar Hayley Hall said about the Langkawi candle.